NEW PROCEDURE FOR DEALING WITH BACKLOG FOR PASSPORT PROCESSING AND OTHER CONSULAR SERVICES
This is to inform all Nigerians that the Embassy of Nigeria, Dublin has put in new procedures to deal with the backlog of appointment for passport processing as well as, other consular services due to the lockdown occasioned by the Covid-19 pandemic. Online appointment booking is hereby suspended until further notice.The procedures which were instituted with a view to easing congestion are as follow:
- All applicants for renewal of passport, with pending appointment should send an email with a copy of their appointment slip to the following email for revalidation of appointment:email@example.com
- Applicants will be communicated of the new date of appointment via email, SMS, call or WhatsApp.
- All applicants are to attend with a copy of their new email appointment and all photocopies of relevant documents example:
- Copy of passport datapage
- The Payment slip
- Acknowledgment slip
- Application form
- The Passport itself
- Applicants captured in January and February 2020, who have not collected their passport should send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org collection appointment
- All applicants applying for new e-passport should visit the Embassy’s website at www.nigerianembassydublin.org for more information.
- Please note that no applicant will be allowed entry into the Mission or attended to without appointment. Appointment is strictly limited to the applicants only unless a minor accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- It is mandatory for all applicants to wear face mask and have their hands sanitised before entry into the Embassy premises. Please note that there is no available spaces for storage of baggage.
- All other Consular Services listed below will be attended to strictly by post
– Legalisation/Authentication of Documents
– Emergency Travel Certificate
– Police Character Certificate
– Spinsterhood/Bachelorhood Letter
– Letter for Landed Property
– Repatriation of Deceased national
Finally, the exact date for resumption of consular services in the Embassy will be published on the Mission’s website.
EMBASSY OF NIGERIA,
16TH JULY, 2020